Mr. Hanky's FCS Gold Fund Trading System Charts and Signals will be posted here.

Thankyou for the many compliments and encouragement to continue with my project. I began trading the system using GOLDX at start of 2002.

Currently I am using UNWPX.

As with any trading system, markets can change character and render future losses rather than gains! Trade at your own risk. But the bottom line is this is a numbers game, so here are the numbers thus far:

Hank

post-11-1074953707_thumb.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS--do you trade in and out of UNWPX? I know that the prospectus frowns on anything that looks like "timing" (unless it's bad timing like mine, of course).

I'm in USERX which, believe it or not, beat UNWPX in performance this year. It is hard to tell though now that the profits have virtually disappeared.

BB,

I am using UNWPX for the following reasons:

1)The chart below demonstrates UNWPX's growing Relative Strength compared to the HUI. Also in this downturn, it is holding up better than the index and other funds shown, GOLDX which I used to trade, and your very fine gold fund, USERX.

2) It only has a .25% redemption fee (i.e. timing penalty), the same as USERX.

GOLDX used to have none but he now slapped a 5% sales fee so I quit using it.

I also noticed USERX has fairly high overall mgmt fee, 2.6%

3) UNWPX is a more diversified fund in two ways, it has a higher percentage of juniors and also PM's other than gold, many of which have been just starting to move; silver, platinum, palladium.

USERX is a great fund by the same MF company as UNWPX and actually is probably the best for most closely tracking the HUI, being strictly gold related.

If UNWPX starts to falter, USERX would be my next choice!

TDC is "trading day cycle", the 81 TDC is what I am referring to and is always in the bottom window of the FCS chart. It will be in it's downphase until March.

In addition, I often use the abbrev. DMA for "day moving average." Some use it for "displaced moving average" which I don't use too often. WMA is "week moving average" on my charts.

Hank

post-11-1074952248.gif

Mr. Hanky's FCS Gold Fund Trading System Charts and Signals will be posted here.

Mr Hanky,

I am very glad that you are going to post your work here. I hope you will also post your Gann chart for the HUI. (if not here, then in another thread that is easy to find ) :)

Mr. Hanky--on your chart I see that UNWPX overtook USERX in Oct--I also noticed that some days when all the gold funds are negative, UNWPX has a small gain.

I've been wanting to get some UNWPX but waiting until people think the correction is almost done (don't expect the exact day, of course)--sick of pouring our profits down the drain.

Archived